Tuesday, September 2, 2008

My perfect meal.

There is no one perfect meal. With so many options and things to take in consideration what might be a perfect meal for one may as easily be someone else's offal. And I'm not talking nose to tail eating here people. But this past summer I found my perfect meal: A bowl of deli style thick brown lentil soup with ungodly amounts of fresh ground pepper paired with toasted pita wedges graced liberally with sea salt. This can or can not be served alongside thick as mud Greek coffee and a glass of water, no ice. I haven't had a truly standout bowl of this brown gold since my boy Drossos left the Plaka I work at and headed back home to his tiny Greek island. Hopefully the upcoming trip to NYC will rectify this.

1 comment:

Acumensch said...

Mmm that sounds like the best meal because it's not too spiced up, and I love Greek coffee.